Monday, December 14, 2015

Short and Sweet!

Hey Everyone!
I hope that your week was great! Ours was!
We found out that the Norwich missionaries are all staying in Norwich for Christmas! Wooohooo! I am "Dying" in Norwich! 
In other news, the weather is like a roller coaster over here... It is foggy and weird today and yesterday I didn't even have to wear tights it was so warm... like 70! I also heard that it is really cold in AZ... like 70! . That was great though so I'm not complaining. 
This week was full of a lot of administrative things, lots of meetings and planning for meetings but I learned so much!
I guess I just want to tell you some of the things that I learned and that were brought to my remembrance. 
-I was pondering about my mission, and the things that I have learned and who I have learned from, and I realized that I have learned a lot and applied some... only some of the things... WHY? I don't know, laziness probably. So I made a list of missionary things I feel I am good at vs things that I need to work on and boy oh boy I have a lot to work on. So, of course looking at that list made me really discouraged as I realized that I only have a transfer to try to get a grasp of what seemed to be a list of things longer than an encyclopedia. Then a little thought popped up in my head.
"Be positive." 
Actually a quote from studies earlier this week is what really came to mind,  
"Eliminate all negative words and phrases from your vocabulary. Refuse to think negatively, for as a man “thinketh in his heart, so is he” (Prov. 23:7). Refuse also to speak negatively. Now you have become an optimist rather than a pessimist. There is a big difference between an optimist and a pessimist—one is positive, a believer; the other is negative, a doubter. The optimist, as you probably know, is a person who, when he wears out his shoes, just figures he’s back on his feet. The pessimist says, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” The optimist says, “I’ll see it when I believe it.”
In a crisis the optimist takes action; the pessimist takes a seat. The Lord has given sufficient evidence to convince me that if you don’t do it, you really didn’t want it."
Well guys, I really want it. So I decided that I am so lucky. I have one more transfer to figure it out! And then... I have all of my life to figure it out! Wooohooo!
I also was thinking about all of the missionary examples that I have had in my life. There are A LOT. But it dawned on me that we are all trying to be like Jesus Christ, because He is THE number one missionary example. He was perfect. That is why we have His name on our badge, not Ammon, even though he was pretty awesome. 
I am excited for this last transfer. It is going to be a good one. Keep us in your prayers! 
You are all so loved! 
Love,
Sister Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment