Monday, January 19, 2015

Toto, We Aren't in Conneticut Anymore...

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!
I really don't know if that is grammatically correct but HEYYYYY!!!! I am reporting to you live from the Chapel in Worcester Massachusetts! But before we get there, let us travel back in time to last Monday, when I was still in CT!
Monday- We had dinner at A's with his family and then we had our last Book of Mormon Night (with me there). It was great! A said the opening prayer... it was beautiful. I had to hold back a tear or two ahaha. 
Tuesday- I said my goodbyes to a whole bunch of people. Like a whole bunch of people. We went to E's and I said bye and it was super hard. But she gave me a cat scarf.... like a scarf with cats on it... not one made out of cats.. that would be nasty. I love that family so much. 
Wednesday- I said farewell to my beloved Madison Ward. We had transfer meeting and I learned that I indeed am the designated driver #righton. I was actually pretty scared and I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't do it but then as I was praying in my mind during transfer meeting a thought popped into my head, "Doubt not, Fear not" which is from Doctrine and Covenants 6:36. I knew what I needed to do, so before we left I asked for a blessing and I was instantly comforted. 
OH! My companion!!!! Sister L, from Nicaragua! She is AWESOME!!!! Also- Our Ward, is actually 2 wards! Worcester 1st and Worcester 2nd! The 2nd ward also has a Spanish group connected to it and so our roommates, are Hermana C and Hermana R. They are awesome and everyone in the apartment speaks Spanish so... it looks like I am learning Spanish ahaha. It is almost like everyone is all "Run that way" but in Spanish and I am all "Oh! We are running, okay!" It is great!
Thursday- We had weekly planning with our Elders... Yes that is right! there are English and Spanish Sisters here and English and Spanish Elders here too! 4 sets of missionaries in area! Anywho, we then went around and visited some less actives and set up times to have lessons and then we went out to dinner with the Brother and Sister B, who are in 2nd ward and they are wonderful. 
Friday- We had district meeting, which was the BEST. The Worcester missionaries are all a District and the English Elders, Elder B, the District Leader, and Elder P had it all set up with couches and sushi and it was just great. Then we went and visited more people and guess what? More Excitement! We went home and picked up our Mini Missionary!!!! Her name is M and she was staying for the weekend for like a mission trial run and she was awesome!
Saturday- We went to one of the Spanish Groups Baptisms after going to Correlation for both wards. Our ward mission leaders are on point! We then had a couple of lessons with investigators, So we have 3 baptismal dates here in Worcester. J and R are being baptized on January 31st and then M is being baptized on February 21st. They are all AWESOME!!!! I am so excited! 
Sunday- We were at church from 8:30 until 4:30 #twowards Then we went and had dinner at the N's and they are pretty much our parents. Oh my goodness I love them so much. Also, in 2nd ward, the mini and I taught the 16-17 year old class and then in 1st ward we taught a primary class of the cutest kids in the world. They were the best!
I am loving it here in Worcester. The work is super fast and crazy and the driving is too! But I am keeping up! God is great, He KNOWS each of us personally. 
You are all so loved! 
Be good! 
Love
Sister Alexander
 
 

Picture 1- Our District Meeting set up. #zion 
Picture 2- Me, M our Mini Missionary, and Sister L :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment