Monday, October 19, 2015

Autumn Wisdom

Hello my friends!
How was your week? Mine was AMAZING!!! Every single day in my journal I was all, "Today was so great!" I predicted that it was going to be great and alas! It was! Yay!
 

Miracles of the week-
First off, my companion is adorable. Yesterday I was starving at church and I opened my bag and there was a granola bar in it... I was all, "I don't remember putting this in here..." She totally did it because she knows I get frustrated easily when I am hungered.
Second, We found like a bajillion people who are willing to hear about the gospel! We have been doing a lot of service, which has been great and people just show up and are all, "You are great! Here is my number!"
Gah!!!! So cool!
 

Also, we just are having a lot of fun while doing the work. I feel like missionaries are that mankind including missionaries may have joy. People are so great. 
 

Aha Moment-
Here is a fun little quote from a prayer that was said last night by an 8 year-old. "Please bless that we can all get to our destinies safely" The wisdom of an 8 year-old.
 

Ahahaha Moments-
-I dont know if you heard but... it totally snowed here yesterday. Like a tiny bit but SNOW! In October! We were sitting at the dining table of our Ward Mission Leader and Sister G is all, "Is it snowing?!?" Elder T was ecstatic. He has never seen snow fall... it was a great day ahaha.
 

-We went to a rest home to visit a member's wife and when we were leaving we met C. Our conversation went like this...
C-"You kids are cute."
Us-"Thanks!"
C-"I love talking to kids, they are so fun and happy, and they have pretty teeth, you have pretty teeth! Want to see my teeth!?" *Opens mouth wide* "I don't have any! I took them out one night before I went to bed and when I woke up... they were gone. I would have noticed if I had swallowed them don't you think? Hmmm...Guess who old I am?"
She looked like she was in her early 80's and the way she was zooming in her manual wheelchair we felt it was a safe guess.
C-"93! I am almost 100! I just have fun every day! The only way to live life is to enjoy it!"
The wisdom of a 93 year-old.
 

My emails are getting shorter and shorter as the weeks go by. oh well :) I hope that you all have a fantastic week and that you enjoy life! Enjoy the warm weather! It is like 20-40 over here.
You are all so loved!
Be good!
Love, 
Sister Alexander


Picture 1- No I am not excited about the 3 car garage on that house... look at the fall colors!!!!
Picture 2- Yay! *Starts singing "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints"*
Picture 3- One for every Season, because New England has 4 of them... craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment