Monday, October 27, 2014

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Hello from Madison Connecticut!!!
So new transfer means new planner and guess who left last weeks planner at home...
This Girl!!
Oh, well. Bear with my obnoxious attempt to remember what happened this week.
Monday- We had a lesson with the W's in our cat shirts. They appreciated them :)
We also went to the most darling little cupcake shop in the world. Twas a fun last hoorah P-Day for Sister G!
Tuesday- We essentially went around and had our usual appointments with L and then we had dinner at the T's home. We went straight to E's and said our goodbyes...I felt like I was the one leaving and then I realized that a part of me was...(Insert "AWW" or "how presh" here) But, it is true! We totally started finishing each others sentences and were pretty much one person. Oh well, that is the purpose of sharing/spreading Zion. Right on.
Wednesday- The highlight would have to be the INSANE storm that we drove through. Holy Cannoli! So Sister G and I drove up to Weston Mass for Transfer Meeting. Then, Sister Gr and I drove Sister G's stuff to Providence and then we drove home. We were in the craziest storm that I have ever seen. It was like we just decided to drive into the ocean. You know, cause that's safe. But, we got home at like 1:00 AM. Good stuff.
Thursday- We were supposed to wake up at 4:30 AM so that we could get ready and go teach seminary at the M's house, but the alarm didn't go off and we woke up at 6 instead. It sure felt like 4:30 though. So we hurried and got dressed and we were only five minutes late for class which was fine because our lesson didn't even start for another 5 minutes. That was great and then we went home and looked in the mirror and we were all, "shoot that was what we looked like while teaching that class...the poor things."
Friday- We had to be out of the house by 7:30 so that they could re-do our bathroom shower stuff...it was leaking or something? So we went and did our studies at the church. We then had a District Meeting and that was fun.
Saturday- We went and helped Sister P decorate for her Halloween party. I carved a pumpkin. So fun. Then, we went and saw Sister Go. By this time Sister Gr and I were exhausted from getting home late and waking up early. But, we carried on and had a wonderful meeting with our Primary President.
Sunday- We had a great day at church and we got to have a lesson with L.
This week was a little crazy with transfers and getting Sister Gr acquainted with the area, but, I love her and we are super excited to work with each other!
We are basically the same person. She is from Gilbert, AZ, that is right, an AZ companion! We like the same things and don't like the same things and she understands why Daylight Savings Time doesn't make any sense haha! It really was a wonderful week filled with adventure.
Transfer Meeting was wonderful. So, they have the missionaries who are leaving bear their testimonies and then President Packard and his wonderful wife talked to us. He read Ether 12 with us and dissected it. It was phenomenal.
Ether 12:27 " And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
TRUTH!
Oh my goodness. How wonderful is it that we have the opportunity to use our weakness to grow. That is something that I have been working on. I am trying to not put myself down when something doesn't go as planned but to instead humble myself and ask my Heavenly Father for help. And He does help me!
I know that He will help you too! If you ask Heavenly Father for help, it doesn't even matter if you think that the thing is silly, He will help you!
Have a wonderful week! Also, please pray for A, he is super busy and so he is, "too tired to come to church." It is a bummer, but, we have faith that it will work out!
Be good, crazies!
Love, 
Sister Alexander
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment