Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fear Not.

The Lord is Hastening his work!
You all probably hear that all the time but what does it actually mean?
For me, it means that now is the time. Heavenly Father has put everything into action so that we, right now have quite honestly too much to do! Like I said last week our mission has the goal of 70 baptisms in the month of November. We have 16 thus far and we still have 124 scheduled this month! I love this work. The people here are so prepared to hear the gospel! It is happening!!!
This past week we did a lot!
Monday- We went to the mall with some Elders from our Zone. They are obnoxious and they were looking for "Man uggs". Yeah...
Tuesday- We had a lesson with S and L! We talked about the Restoration and prayer. Speaking of prayer, pray for them! They are so close to seeing how important the gospel is!
Wednesday- We had interviews with President Packard. He is seriously the best. We talked about my "hatred for people" and he was so concerned as to why I used to dislike them. I explained my obnoxious brain and conversational and social anxieties and he was all, "Well that is why you don't like them! They make you sick!" Yuppers haha they sure do! But then he introduced me to my new life theme. It comes from Moroni, which is the last book in the Book of Mormon. 
Mormon 8:16 "Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear."
Isn't that the best?! Gah! It just speaks right to me! I think that one of the best things about being on a mission (Personally, not for every other reason that has nothing to do with yourself) is how well I am getting to know the scriptures. Pay attention in seminary! I didnt and I am behind ahaha... yeah. We also had Book of Mormon night and a lesson with A. We found out that he is inviting his friends and coworkers to church. Go A!

Thursday-We had dinner with the P's. We got to talk to their whole family and we got to give A the study journal that I made for her. We talked about personal revelation and praying with a question in mind. It was great. 
Friday- We had District Meeting. Sister G was in charge of the Get to Know You question so she asked, "What Disney character is your companion most like?" I said that she is like Kuzco from Emperors New Groove, because she LOVES alpacas and llamas and she hates being hugged and touched. "No touchy" ahahaha She said that I am Rapunzel from Tangled (Duh) Because I am artsy and random and innocent. "I am a terrible human being." Good stuff. We also had dinner with the VDM's(E's Family) and E, E's Brother hung out with us! He talked! It was great. He is JUST like Brodie and Corben mixed together. 
Saturday-We went up to Higganum and visited as many people that we could up there.  We then had dinner at the Y's home. They have 3 boys and a little girl. So much fun haha, Always an adventure over there!
Sunday- We got to see S, and we had dinner with the Y's clan which is pretty much a Caldwell and Alexander reunion mashed into one. It was hilarious. Then we went to Young Women in Excellence. This ward is co cute! They give their Young women temple slippers when the get their medallion. So smart! 
Yesterday(Monday) We went to the Zoo and I let everyone else email before I did so I had no time haha. 
I love it out here. Pray for A and everyone here! 
Sister G is awesome. We are so alike it is hilarious. I am pretty sure that if I had been born more sporty and less nerdy that I would be her and vice-versa haha. 
Be good!
Also, If you ever run into David Archuleta, tell him that a bunch of missionaries in New England are in desperate need of a white handbook approved album. Just saying. 
Love,
Sister Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment