Monday, November 17, 2014

Miracles in Madison

Hello all!!! Guess what? It snowed.
Well... in North Madison it did, not where we live but still snow!!!! Wooohooo!
But, that means that it is cold. And it really is. 43 degrees is the average these days and that is nice weather. I am going to die.
This week was AMAZING!!!!! So many miracles!
Tuesday- We had a Relief Society Thanksgiving dinner and so many Less-Actives came! It was wonderful! I love stuffing and cranberry sauce. The theme was "His Hands" The story given by President Uchtdorf In April 2010.
 
"A story is told that during the bombing of a city in World War II, a large statue of Jesus Christ was severely damaged. When the townspeople found the statue among the rubble, they mourned because it had been a beloved symbol of their faith and of God’s presence in their lives. Experts were able to repair most of the statue, but its hands had been damaged so severely that they could not be restored. Some suggested that they hire a sculptor to make new hands, but others wanted to leave it as it was—a permanent reminder of the tragedy of war. Ultimately, the statue remained without hands. However, the people of the city added on the base of the statue of Jesus Christ a sign with these words: “You are my hands.”"

Isn't that so awesome?! We all got a pair of gloves and were encouraged to remember that we have the opportunity to serve and help God's children while he isn't here in the flesh. Good stuff. 
Wednesday- We had Book of Mormon night and we read a bunch of different scriptures about why the prophets in the Book of Mormon wrote what they wrote. So stinkin' cool. My favorite is Jacob 4: 3 and 4
"Now in this thing we do rejoice; and we labor diligently to engraven these words upon plates, hoping that our beloved brethren and our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy and not with sorrow, neither with contempt, concerning their first parents.
 For, for this intent have we written these things, that they may know that we knew of Christ, and we had a hope of his glory many hundred years before his coming; and not only we ourselves had a hope of his glory, but also all the holy prophets which were before us."
I made my favorite part my favorite part... I love the fact that in these days, we have to have faith that Christ did come and that he preformed the Atonement, but in their time, they had to have faith that He would! Not only that, but, that prophets like Abinadi say things like : "And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption.(Mosiah 16:6)" Where he had so much faith that Christ would come, he just testified as though it had already happened! Oh my lanta, the Book of Mormon is filled with just amazing people with amazing faith! What awesome examples to us now! 
Thursday- We taped a bunch of snowflakes on C's door, beacuse she is always adamant that it will not snow and I am always sure that it will. Then we got a voicemail from her that was all "It is snowing in my hallway and all over my door. I wonder who did that? I think that it was my darling sisters. Thank you." Oh my goodness our hearts melted. Then we went and saw her, after her surgery and she just stared at her door with this cute little smile on her face. #sisterpross. I love her so much. 
Friday- We started our exchange after District Meeting. I went to Bridgeport with Sister M and Sister S came to Madison with Sister G. Oh my goodness it was a BLAST! First off, They not only have roommates(the Spanish Sisters that also serve in Birdgeport) but they also have Elders serving there too! It was so much fun! We went and saw a bunch of families and we had dinner with the M's, who have a 10 year old and a 7 year old. The 7 year loved me. Want to know why? Because I know about Ninjago. We played Uno and he begged to be on my team. So stinking cute. 
Saturday- Sister Mo couldn't sleep, so I woke up because it was FREEZING in the apartment at 5 AM and so we just talked until 7. It was great. Then we went and raked leaves for 3 1/2 hours with the stake president and OH MY LANTA SO MANY LEAVES. Elder D(From my MTC District, and also serving in Bridgeport and from Gilbert) and I both were flipping out. "This is so not an AZ problem" , "In AZ we rake our Dirt to make it look pretty"<-- He almost died he was laughing so hard at that one, because it is true! I got videos and pictures :) Then we went back to our own areas and I missed Sister G! hahaha we both aren't touchy so we were all "Sup" with the whole head nod thing and then the STL's (Sister Training leaders) hugged and were all "First day of school after summer break teenage girl" esque and we were all dying of laughter. Sister G and Sister S had so many Miracles in Madison too! They had an Awesome Family History lesson with A and they were able to get in to see a bunch of people that even I have never met! Woot! 
Sunday- I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a bus. Raking leaves seriously uses more muscles than I think I have ever used in my life. I am still super sore. #wimp haha. We had church and guess what??? A stayed for all 3 hours!!! We were so excited!!!! Woohoo! We also went out tracting around the church to invite the neighbors to the open house that we are having on Wednesday and it started to snow/baby hail on us. It was AWESOME! I did a happy dance. Then, we had dinner at the MP's and their daughters drew us pictures of us... HILARIOUS. Oh my goodness, we were dying. I forgot to take a picture of them but next week for sure! 
And now we are here! It was such a wonderful week! Gah! I love it here! OH!!!! And guess what!!! So far, this month the mission has had 39 baptisms!!!! Gah! Can you believe it! Well you better because Miracles are happening! Oh!!! and guess what else? As of Sunday, I have been out here for 4 months! Can you believe it?! Seriously, the best 4 months of my life. God is good and He loves each and everyone of us!
Be good! Write me! 
Love, 
Sister Alexander
 
Picture1-Elder D, Me, Elder W and Sister M
 
Picture 2- Elder D  jumping a part of the giant pile of leaves. Seriously. So many leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment