Monday, April 13, 2015

Surprises From Heaven

I legitly don't even know where to start ahaha. 
This week was full of surprises. Lots and lots of them. All were really good haha. 
So I think that I will mix it up a little and go back to my old ways of a daily count. You will see why in a second. 
Monday and Tuesday- was full of seeing people so they could say goodbye to Sister L.
Wednesday-  Ha... Ha... Wednesday was interesting to say the least. It started out with a phone call from President Packard. "Sister Alexander, you are going to be a fantastic trainer. Just not this transfer." Ahaha ohhkaayyy, ohhkkay. What's going down? "We had 4 visa waiters come out this transfer, and 2 of them got their visa yesterday and will be leaving on Monday, and the Sister that you were going to train, was one of those two." Alright ahaha. Surprisingly I felt a peace. "Your companion will be Sister M V, you know her right?" Yeah I do!!! That is who "killed" Sister G (My Trainer). Wooohooo! (The companion that you have when you "Die" or finish your mission is the one who "Kills" you)
And the rest of the week is history. 
Sister M V is from Western Samoa and she has been out on her mission for 15 months. She is super cool and is a boss at opening her mouth. Like, literally every single person she sees on the street... she talks to. #likeaboss. She is super rad.
Thursday- we got like 3 referrals form a random guy we talked to on the street and now we are teaching them. P and C are cool, J is insane. We attempted to teach the first lesson on Saturday and he kept on getting mad at P for asking legit questions and then he would tell us that the only way that he would believe that we were sent by God to teach them the truth would be if we were to raise someone from the dead... or open heaven... or "shake the whole universe with an earthquake" YEAH. #NotQuiteHowItWorks.
Friday- was ZONE MEETING and let me just say... it was the best one I have been to thus far. Not because I was asked to sing a solo... that part was not fun ahaha. 
So we talked about Sacrifice, and how in actuality when you put something in and get more out it is an investment. So we made investments. Things that we know for a fact that we need to do but the blessings are soooo much more than we could ever match with the things that we give. Like life... and every good thing that we do.. #AmIRight We also got a little card thing from the Zone leaders. It almost made me cry. It is our zone scripture changed up a little bit. It says:
"D&C 124:18
And again, I say unto you that it is my will that my servant Sister Alexander should continue in preaching for Zion, in the spirit of meekness, confessing me before the world; and I will bear her up as on eagles’ wings; and she shall beget glory and honor to herself and unto my name.  #W.I.N.G.S."
It was an awesome day. 
Miracle of the Week
We were sitting in Gospel Principles in 1st ward with M and W and Bishop peeks in and asks me to come out into the hall. I go and there is this girl, who looks like 20 but we found out that she is 32, in jeans and a t-shirt with tears in her eyes. He introduced us and he told me that M, walked in to the church and wanted to find a place that she could change and learn. So we talked. She has 2 sons, and she is divorced. She was on a walk and she was talking to God and she asked what she needed to do to change and to grow. She got the prompting to go home and look up churches that had structure and rules that will help her to do what He wants her to. So she did and she read about Mormons and googled the nearest church and she came. The spirit was SO strong all sacrament meeting. She cried and we cried and the speakers testified and then there was a youth baptism after and we invited her and she stayed and the spirit was so strong there and now we are teaching her on Thursday. Miracles are real. We were talking to her and we realized that our prayers were answered by her prayers being answered. 
I still can barely even believe that it happened. How many people are out there who are just as prepared as she is? How many others just don't know where to look for their answers?
Open your mouth. 
Do it. 
You are all so loved! 
Be good!
Love, 
Sister Alexander

I forgot my camera card reader so you will have to wait for pictures for next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment