Monday, April 6, 2015

One Year Ago Today

Hello my lovelies. <-- Does that make you uncomfortable and squirm in your chair a little bit? Yes? Oh good. It worked ahaha. 
How are you? I am doing FANTASTIC. Wasn't General Conference just Magnificent? I absolutely loved it. 
After first session on Saturday we were starving so we went home and we ate some food (General Conference is from 12-2 and then from 4-6 here) I was sitting at my desk when my eyes noticed the date and I had the realization that Monday, today, would be the year mark of me opening my mission call and reading the words: 
"Dear Sister Alexander,
You are hereby called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Massachusetts Boston Mission" 
Oh how much I have learned in this past year! Can you believe it has been a whole year??? 
One year ago I was: 
Bailey Alexander
Quirky internet kid
Teaching my precious 9-year olds in primary
Working at Kirklands Home (That feels like a lifetime ago)
Going to Mission Prep.
Learning how to drive ahahahaha (SAD) 
and that is about it.
Now. 
I am Sister Alexander
Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Serving in Worcester Massachusetts
Fighting for truth 
Declaring the Gospel in one of the least religious places in all of the United States. 
Praying night and day for people that I have come to love
Asking random strangers on the street what their greatest fears are and then being able to testify that through The Gospel of Jesus Christ, the world's Savior and Redeemer, they can overcome those fears. And being living proof because just a year prior I wouldn't talk to people out of fear. 
I am changing and becoming who Heavenly father wants me to be. 
I am getting ready to train a new missionary. To teach her how to help and invite others come unto Christ through His restored Gospel. 
Oh and I am driving in the #1 worst place to drive in the US. 
THAT is what a mission does. A mission transforms you into something that, a year earlier, you couldn't even imagine yourself being. 
I wouldn't trade it for the world.
 

In other news. 
On Friday was T-Texts. Sister L is going to be a Sister Training Leader in Bridgeport Connecticut. And I get the privilege of being a trainer! I am so excited! That is right Sister G! You are a Grandma!!!!! Ahahahaha!
Real quick ahahaha moments:
1) At my 9 month mark... I will be a mom ahahaha... trainers are called Moms or Dads. She will be like a week premature but I am totally okay with that!
2) This one is for you mom... I totally had a meltdown on Tuesday. Nothing bad or crazy I just started to cry and it took like an hour to stop. Poor Sister L haha. Yeah. Last time I don't eat anything except for a lot of sugar haha. It is a sad life haha. 
Oh and a Woohoo moment:
We set 2 baptismal dates this week! One with our Eternal Investigator R, for next Sunday. And one with J, our referral from the Spanish Missionaries, for May 3rd! Pray for them!!! 
 

You are all SOOO Loved!
If you didn't get a chance to watch Conference. Go to Lds.org and watch it NOW!!! 
I love you all! 
Be good! 
Love,
Sister Alexander
 

 

 
 
Picture 1: The cutest kiddos in the world. Their hair is insane. 
Picture 2: Sister L and I enjoy matching... and sharing clothes ahahha. I look super short ahahaha
Picture 3:  Easter with the C. Brother C is hilarious. 
Picture 4: Our favorite person. Sister W. She is the one who introduced us to M and L! 

No comments:

Post a Comment