Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 552

Hello Friends! How was your week?Mine has been so good! Lots of cool things happened!First, we went on exchanges! I got to go to Westerly Rhode Island and meet some awesome people! I went with Sister B who is a doll! She came out on the mission the same time that Sister H did! While I was gone, Norwich decided to explode and the Elders and Sisters here found 8 new investigators! Like WHAT!? So awesome. We really were blessed this week.We also met a couple of less actives this week. They are adorable. We also helped Sister J's mom and dad make her a birthday cake. The first one that they could make her in years due to health. It was super good and you better bet that I got the recipe!  We got to meet with our Investigator J. He is super cool and he is Haitian! We brought Sierra with us and she was a star helping us teach the Plan of Salvation. I am super excited to teach with the missionaries when I get home. Hopefully I am not too awkward ahaha. Aha moment:So whilst on exchanges we went to visit an inactive member who hadn't been to church in years. He was very nice and pretty well off. He asked us what we wanted to do with our lives, and after said, "well, good luck with that," to me... uhm, okay. He proceeded to explain that with the way the world is going being logical in our jobs is the best idea. I was like uhm rude haha. But, then I started thinking about what I had been studying earlier that day. I had been studying in Preach My Gospel about the Christlike attribute of Hope. "Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you. It is manifest in confidence, optimism,enthusiasm, and patient perseverance. It is believing and expecting that something will occur. When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good. Hope helps you conquer discouragement." I realized that this man's lack of faith and desire to come to church made his optimism about life and life goals close to nothing. It really made me grateful to be able to grow and nurture my faith and for the gift of the hope that I have been given. Ahaha moments:-At district meeting, Elder G (who is companions with Elder B) was talking to us about Pday. We told him that a member wanted to take us to a cool makeup store and he was all "oh! Can I come? I need some foundation... aha just kidding, my only foundation is Jesus Christ." aha missionary humor. -Sister F, who is one of the counterparts of our Hexpanionship here in Norwich, has a bunch of birds. They are named, Eenie, Menie, Miney, Moe, Tweetie, Dreamsicle and I named the last one Phil. Elder F thought it was hilarious. -Sister J's Mother, Sister S, is known to tell missionaries who are going home when they are going to get married and every single time, she has been dead on. One kid she just goes, "3 months," and he was like, "yeah right." Sister J said that 3 months to the day he stepped off the plane he was on his way to the temple to get married... like WHAT? So obviously, with my determination to be the first Mormon Nun, I was avoiding her like the plague. Then we have dinner over there and Sister H is all, " Oh, so you know Sister Alexander goes home soon right?" She just goes, "Yeah I know, she will be married sooner than she thinks." So, Sister H is all, "YES! So August 20th?" (Her birthday) Sister S, "Oh goodness sooner than that." Well folks, looks like my cats will have to wait. ahaha Just kidding, I got a suitcase with cats on it today... :D You are all so loved! Have an awesome week!Be good!LoveSister AlexanderPicture
Us at the M's home. They are adorable. 7 kids, all awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment