Monday, August 17, 2015

A Month of Miracles Pt. 3

Hello all! How is life? Life over here is great! 
Worcester is great! N is doing great! We had an awesome lesson with her and she is praying about a baptismal date. The Elders are great! Elder G and Elder H are really hard workers. 
I am super distracted today, and have like 0 desire to email. BUT! I did want to tell you about what we call, "The Cheese Crisp Clarification."
Here is the deal, I once was visiting my best friend Anjilee, and she was all, "We could have a TCT," and I was all, "What in the world is a TCT?" So, she explained that it was a tortilla with cheese melted in it and then folded in half. I just said "OH! A Cheese Crisp!" and she just goes, "What the flip is a Cheese Crisp?" And that was the moment that I knew that I was in a foreign land, and that Arizona is a peculiar place haha. So here, on the mission, when I first got Sister M and we discovered we hailed from the best state ever, we went grocery shopping and Sister M just goes, "Can we get stuff to make cheese crisps!" I just about died. Then of course we asked C and HE KNEW TOO! Then we asked everyone else and their reaction was the same as Anjilee's, "Uhm, that is blasphemy." 
So now whenever we find out someone is from Arizona, the first thing we ask is, "What is a cheese crisp?" 
Here are the reactions:
" Uhm, it is a tortilla with cheese in it." -Elder T from Gilbert
"An African cheese crisp or an American cheese crisp?" Elder G from Mesa
And here is where this is relevant. 
There are people with beliefs everywhere, a TCT here, a quesadilla there, but it is only with the pure knowledge of the Gospel, do we find people who truly understand where they belong, or rather who they belong to and how loved they are. Our Heavenly Father loves us, and He always will. Also, Arizona is the best. And that my friends is the gospel truth, or just mine... not doctrine. ahaha.
You are all so loved!
Be good!
Love,
Sister Alexander

 

Picture 1- Us and the Eldins. Elder H, from Boise Idaho and Elder G from Mesa Arizona. 
Picture 2- Sister M and I were roommates for 6 months. That is like forever in mission terms. Love her. She is in Nashua now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment