Monday, August 24, 2015

A Month of Miracles Pt. 4

Hello to my AZ people. Ha de bodi? 
I am just going to put this out there... in the open... I am going to Africa. It was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had, listening to M talk about her orphanage in Liberia and teaching them and just being hit in the face, "Go do that. Help them," I just about died. Obviously there are more logistics to that but that was a thing. 
I can't even tell you how many times this week I have gotten, "woah, you're still here?" Ahaha even less-active members notice when missionaries have been in areas for a long time. Well, I should probably get back to my usual format... 
Miracles of the week!
We met a lady named S, she has had a crazy life, she still does but we got to talk to her and guys, Heavenly Father loves her and her family so much. We walked away from her porch just astonished at the love we felt for her instantly when we saw her. Heavenly Father LOVES YOU even if you feel like a random citizen. 
We had an awesome lesson with W last night! He is so ready! Also, N prayed about a baptismal date and she is deciding between Oct 31st and Nov 7th! She wants it to be early Nov, but she isn't sure if she wants it to be on Halloween. Plus, Elder G goes home on the 5th ahaha... so he would miss it by like an inch. Or a day. 
Aha moments
Other than the Africa thing, I have just been loving the Book of Mormon. I just got to 3 Nephi 13 when Christ is with the Nephites and he is just teaching and loving them and it has reminded me of why I am a missionary. 
I am a missionary because I want to be like my Savior Jesus Christ.
I am a missionary because I love my family and I know that other people love theirs too but they don't know that they can be with their families for eternity. 
I am a missionary because I love my Heavenly Father and I feel his love for me everyday. 
I am a missionary because it is what I love to do. 
Ahahaha moments
I remember when the Elders were taken out of Worcester people asked us how we felt. The two things were busy and wayyy less funny. For some reason you add Elders to an area and the humor of daily missionary work skyrockets.
So here is a list of funny misadventures we have had in the past week:
-We have named the Elders "Dobby's Sock" in our phone... they found out and we have so far gotten "Dobby is FREE!" and "I Stink! Wash me!" randomly. 
-I am referred to as Sister "The Great" at District meeting now. 
-We had service with them at the bishops storehouse, Elder G, wore medium sized gloves... he has XL hands... it was hilarious. 
Life is so good my friends. We are going hiking. People are yelling at me to hurry. 
You are all so loved!
Be good.
Love, 
Sister Alexander
 
 



Picture 1- Worcester from the view of a the 11th floor of a members apartment building
Picture 2- Every time it gets sunny in our car... I see a birthday message from my good friend Hermana F and I am reminded by the Zone Leaders to be on top of things.
Picture 3- We got bracelets from J our best friend, yesterday. And she made me a bag with cat fabric inside. AZ l<3ve MA
Picture 4- Us and J. Our best friend. 
Picture 5- Sister M and I. I love this girl!
Picture 6- #AreaSelfie + A quote from Elder H "WhereIsRachel!?!" 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment