Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Humidity Is Actually A Thing...

Humidity is actually a thing...
Like seriously.
You feel like you are drowning in air. I cant even. Just NO. Hahaha just kidding. I just end up sweating like a...n animal that sweats a lot... yeah. 
It is Tuesday! That is different! Yesterday was Labor Day, and on Monday holidays we get to go to the temple! I love the temple. We also got to go shopping in Cambridge mall, WooHoo! I love shopping haha. We also got to go to Harvard Stadium and play soccer, well... watch people almost kill each other playing soccer.  The Elders get really into it and there is one Sister who loves playing and gets in the middle of them all and I seriously thought she was going to be trampled a billion times. We had to wake up at 3 am in order to get to the 7:30 am session. So needless to say, we were all super loopy coming home.
We drove with our District Leader and his companion. They are hilarious. Elder Coulson (The temptation to call him Agent Coulson is soooo real) and Elder Ribiero. Elder Coulson was called Haitian speaking but he is super white and Elder Ribiero is from Brazil, but he has lived in Utah for the past 10 years, and he came Portuguese speaking, transferred to a Spanish area, then to the office, then to open the Chinese group and now is English with Elder Coulson.  So both of them together, represents all of our mission languages :) They are fantastic. They are also the only Elders in our District.
We had 5 non-members show up to church on Sunday. It was the best day ever. We have a new Investigator named A. He is awesome, and has no religious background at all so it is all new for him. Super cool guy. He loved church. On Wednesday we volunteered at a Soup Kitchen in our area which was super cool. I love the fact that we can help others come unto Christ just by serving them. I love love love it when I can see people reading my nametag. That is super cool. 
 So I don't know if I already said this but EVERYONE here has a cat. EVERYONE. It is FANTASTIC. I have become more obsessed. 
This is the last week before transfers. We find out where we are going/if we are going on Friday afternoon... so yeah. I cant believe that I have been here for almost 6 weeks. Sister Giblette and I have decided that I need to kill her (Be her companion when she goes home) and then stay in the area another 2 months after she dies (goes home). It is happening. 
I love it here, and I love this work. I have never been so happy to be so tired! 
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is True. I KNOW this with all of my heart. 
Love, 
Sister Alexander
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment