Monday, December 1, 2014

#November2Remember

WHAT A WEEK!!!!!
Oh my lanta, the Lord is good!!!
This week we have seen so many miracles! So much awesomeness that I am seriously stalling with all of this because I have no idea where to even begin!
How about with Monday!
Monday- We went shopping and I found cat socks... like... 4 pairs. heh.heh.heh. Totally got them. 
Tuesday-We had our Book of Mormon Web conference. We read Alma 26, which is Ammon, a missionary in the Book of Mormon, praising and thanking God for allowing him to serve and share the Gospel. My favorite verses are verses 11 and 12, after Ammon's older brother warns Ammon that he sounds like he is boasting. 
 
11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak ;therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

 Wednesday- We went and served at the soup kitchen, and guess what? There was a new kid volunteering and our conversation went like this
"Oh hey, you are LDS?" 
"Yup, we sure are, we are missionaries!" 
"Oh that is cool! I live right down the street from a Mormon church!"
"Oh the one in Madison?"
*Surprised look on his face*
"Yeah!"
"Oh cool! That is the one that we are assigned to!"
"Really? What times are services? They have a Family History thing in there too right? I think that it is super cool that you guys do that, but I have never gotten around to checking it out."
We told him the times and stuff and then we got his info and he texted us first! He couldn't come to church, but he is going to try to come to the family history center sometime this week! WOOT!! #Miraclenumberonemillion
OH AND IT SNOWED!!!! I will totes send a picture.

Thursday-Thanksgiving! And it snowed all day! Nice little flurries that didn't stick but were sooooooo pretty out the windows as we were eating. I made a list of 100 things that I am grateful for. It was hard but really nice to be able to look back at it and be reminded how truly blessed that I am. We ate at the S's house. They are so fun. The turkey was awesome. We played scrabble... I won, Grammy should be proud :)
We also went to the VDM's, or rather F's(Their grandma). We helped put up her Christmas tree and make decorations for it, all while listening to Christmas music and watching the snow fall :) It was a great day. 

Friday- We had District Meeting and we were supposed to get T-texts but they wanted them to be perfect so we had to wait. It felt like forever. After district meeting we went to Boston Market... and got Thanksgiving food... because we were craving sweet potatoes. We had dinner with C and we watched a couple talks from general conference with her. She fell asleep. So cute. 

Saturday-We went to L's and we saw Sister G. That night we got T-texts and....
I AM STAYING IN MADISON!!!!
#ChristmasinConnecticut #hallelujah #soexcite 
#miraclenumberbazillion
We are the only companionship in the district that didn't get touched. I am so grateful for that!
We also had our 77th baptism on Saturday... What? 77? But the goal was 70??? WOOOHOOOO!!!! 

Sunday- Church was awesome. A was there. So was M, who came to the open house, and M who was our only investigator when we first got here. It was a wonderful 3 hours all about family history. I really wish I had done more when I was still at home! 
Then, we ran out to the car with E and A and A and we drove to Woodbridge for a baptism so that A could see one. It was wonderful. The man's name is S and he was so happy. His whole family was there and he was so grateful. After he was baptized I turned to E and Sister G and they were both crying. Good thing I wasn't the only one! haha. Then I turned to A and his mouth was slightly agape and he just goes, "That is really powerful," I just nodded. Then after the prayer I asked him how he liked it and he said, "I didn't think that something could be more powerful than sacrament meeting or church but that was." and I was just like, "Just imagine yours," and he said, "I know, I was just thinking that," and then I told him that the feeling that he was feeling was the Holy Ghost and that when we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, we can feel the feeling all the time. He just said, "Well, that would be nice," Then the Elders asked him how he liked it and if he had a baptismal date and he just goes, "I do," and they asked when and he said "I am actually going to move it up," We don't have a definite date but he wants to do it before A goes on his mission which is on like January 21st so.... needless to say we screamed in the car when we left hahaha. 
Then we had a lesson with L and S. S had a lot of questions about the Plan of Salvation. Oh! And E told us that L thinks that is it ridiculous that A hasn't been baptized yet... uhmmmm aight...
That night we had a mission-wide conference call for our #mbm70 goal. President told us about tons of miracles that had happened around the mission and then he announced, along with Sister Packard that the Massachusetts Boston Mission, for the month of November 2014 has helped 100 people enter into the waters of baptism. 100!!!!!!!! I should make it bold or something because we got 
100 BAPTISMS THIS MONTH!!
 Oh my goodness I totally cried. 
 
 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak ;therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
 
God is Great. This is His true gospel once again restored on this earth and he has a plan for each and every one of us. I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Know that you are loved infinitely by a being that is far greater and more powerful than you can imagine. I have felt that love in my life and I am so grateful for it. 
I love you all. 
Be good
Love,
Sister Alexander
#mbm100 :)
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment