Monday, November 30, 2015

Showing Gratitude for Y'all!

Hello all!
Was your Thanksgiving delicious and full of good people and good fun? Mine sure was! 
In honor of Thanksgiving, I decided that I will write 20 things that I am grateful for. Some are in order, others are not haha. 
1. The Gospel 
2. The Atonement of Jesus Christ
3. Jesus Christ and His perfect example
4. My Parents
5. My Brothers
6. My Companions
7. My Extended Family
8. Prayer
9. The Book of Mormon
10. My Amazing Friends!
11. Cats
12. Yummy Food like Donuts
13.The Temple
14. Email
15. Clothing... or else things would be awkward... 
16. Music that makes your spirit sing :)
17. My Ward Families- Liberty, Sunrise Mountain, Madison, Woostah, Norwich. All the AMAZING people in all of them!
18. Flowers that smell and look awesome
19. Glasses so I can see... 
20. Art Supplies
I am also so grateful for all of you! Thank you for your support and love and awesomeness. I am so grateful for the mission too! Not just the mighty MBM, but missions in general. I have learned so much out here and I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Miracle moment-
On Saturday we got to go to the temple with the youth and one of our recent converts to do baptisms. I love the temple so much. So, we were there and a bunch of people from the ward sent names for girls but there were no young women to do the work. So we did some confirmations and next thing we know, in walks Brother E for Worcester 2nd Ward with two of his granddaughters who would be there for an hour and a half! We were able to do the work for 44 people! It was so cool! Then we went upstairs and did some more work for them! Miracles! 
We also had a real deep lesson with our good friend C from Brazil on Skype. We just decided to be bold with him (But not overbearing) and we committed him to pray about being baptized! woohooo! We will find out tonight how his prayers went!
Ahaahaha moments-
Some funny quotes over the past week...
Elder L: "Ew, you eat this raw," as he picks up a piece of broccoli and takes a tiny bite. He was DISGUSTED. 
Sister H's response : "Don't you eat cat in China?"
 

Sister H to Elder L: "We widened your eyes in a picture on my cool camera... it kinda worked." 
Elder Liu: "Does it look pretty? That is what I care about." 
 

Elder T: "She really needs to exercise." 
Sister H: "You probably shouldn't ever say that again...."
 

Me: "Elder L your English is great!"
Elder L: "I want to get rid of my accent, do I have one?"
Me: "Yeah... you sound like an Asian speaking English."
Elder L: "Man! Thanks for ruining my dreams!"
 

We also ate Thanksgiving dinner at 1:00 so we were hungry again by like 7 so after an appointment... we went to McDonalds... #ThanksgivingMcFlurry 
 

Well folks. I hope that you have a fantastic week! OH! And go to Christmas.mormon.org The new video is AMAZING! 
God is great. Christ Lives. Is it too early to say Merry Christmas? 
You are all so loved! 
Love
Sister Alexander

Picture- Thanksgiving. Post food, pre-coma 

No comments:

Post a Comment