Monday, June 1, 2015

The Highest of Laws

Hello my friends.
It is raining here in Worcester on this mighty fine 1st day of June. So, I am wearing tights and boots. #WelcomeToWorcester
This week has been a whirlwind but I will attempt to tell you all about it!
 

Miracles of the Week-
Temple- We went to the temple on Monday and did an Endowment session, then we went down to the baptistery to see J and R do Baptisms for the dead. The spirit was so strong! Then we were asked to help upstairs with some other ordinances so we got to spend the whole morning at the temple. It was awesome. 
 

Z - We had just had a training on Friday reminding us to listen to the spirit and we went to go and see P and P. We passed this girl on the steps and she looked really sad. So we went to see P and P and they called us and let us know that they weren't home. So, we both had a feeling that we should talk to her so we did and she was super interested! She has had a crazy life but she was reading the Book of Mormon as she walked away! We are very excited to see her embrace the gospel and feel the love that her Heavenly Father has for her!
 

Surprise- This is more funny than a miracle but it was cool that we were there for it...
So, on Saturday we were asked to go to Lowell for a 13 stake Women's conference. It was huge. We were basically crowd control but it was super cool to feel the spirit so strong and to see so many members and non-members talking about faith. There were 2 key-note speakers S N, the wonderful woman who was in a plane accident a couple years ago, whom I LOVE! The other was someone that I have no idea who they were and we were busy when she spoke but then at the end they were all, "There is a slight change in the Program, we have a guest who is unexpectedly here and we would like to welcome Elder Jeffery R. Holland to the conference." You should have heard the gasps ahaha I thought I was going to pee myself I was laughing so hard. The spirit is strong with that one. I also got to see some of my ward members from Madison! It was so great to see them! 
 
Aha Moment-
The Hermanas told us about the Latino Conference where Elder Holland was as well. You had to 1) be a Spanish missionary and 2) bring a Less-Active or an Investigator. So we obviously could not go. But! They basically told us everything ahaha. So he talked about how we have to have safe places where we can feel free to worship. Where the spirit is there and we can help others feel that. Then he talked about how our homes should be one of those places. He introduced what I like to call "The Highest of Laws"... It is a law to tolerate other people. In school we learn to treat others how we want to be treated. Then Elder Holland said something that really hit me hard. He said,
 "Treat those around you as you would treat the Savior, or how the Savior would treat them."
 Like... it is kind of a duh concept but I can at least say for myself that I have never thought of it. We are children of our Heavenly Father. Every single one of us. Why wouldn't and don't we treat each other as such? 
 
Ahhaha moment-
We were sitting with M eating food and she just goes, "You know, I am okay with having to wear dresses to church now even though I have always been kind of a tomboy..." We were all, "Why is that?" and she says, "Well, Jesus Christ wore a dress every day so I can on Sundays if I am trying to be like him." We laughed so hard. She is so cute. 
 

Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful week! 
You are all so loved!
Be Good!
Love,
Sister Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment